From Bloomberg News: Remington Auctioned Off to Seven Bidders in Bankruptcy Court.
The business is being carved up as follows:
- Vista Outdoor Inc. for its Lonoke ammunitions business and certain IP assets
- Roundhill Group LLC for its non-Marlin firearms business
- Sierra Bullets LLC for its Barnes ammunitions business
- Sturm, Ruger, & Co. for its Marlin firearms business
- JJE Capital Holdings LLC for DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands
- Franklin Armory Holdings Inc. for Bushmaster brand and some related assets
- Sportsman’s Warehouse Inc. for Tapco brands
Vista Outdoor is the owner of Federal Ammunition, so a logical buyer for the Lonoke, Arkansas plant. I don’t know who Roundhill Group is, but it looks like they’ll be selling the Remington rifles and shotguns going forward. And Sturm, Ruger will pick up the Marlin brand.